We can install a Refuge storm shelter in your yard or garden, crawl space (new construction), or in a driveway slab (to be poured)*. Our certified, licensed, bonded and insured installers can put the shelter just about anywhere there’s space for it so you and your family can have proper shelter from the storm (call if you have specific questions or would like a free site visit & analysis).
*Note: we do not do many underground garage slab installations due to the recent carbon monoxide poison concerns (CO is heavier than air and therefore sinks to the lowest point in your garage, ie, your storm shelter, creating a very dangerous situation. For a garage installation, see our above-ground tornado safe rooms instead).
We install the Refuge underground storm shelters primarily in the greater Huntsville / Northern Alabama areas, including southern Tennessee and other outlying areas. Installs can be as fast as 2-4 hours (depending on install location). Refuge storm shelters carry a 10-year warranty. Click here for PRICING information and other details.
NO COMPANY CAN MATCH OUR PRICE OR QUALITY ON STORM SHELTERS
For More Information and to get your questions answered, CONTACT US by clicking HERE
or call us at: (256) 258-WIND (9463)
- You want a tornado shelter that you and your family will feel safe and comfortable in that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance.
- You want a tornado shelter where you don’t have to worry about bugs, snakes, frogs or other critters, not to mention mold or mildew from water seeping problems with metal or concrete underground shelters.
- You don’t want a tornado shelter that may make you hesitate to use it when the time comes to take shelter from the storm - that moment could be the difference between life and death.
- You want a tornado shelter that has been properly tested by the Texas Tech University Wind Science Center to withstand an EF-5 tornado so you don’t have to worry about your family’s safety during severe weather.
Like the Lifesaver Storm Shelter, the Refuge Storm Shelter is a quality fiberglass underground shelter that will not leak, rust, corrode or mildew. With the technology and materials of today, fiberglass is the obvious choice for underground storm shelter installations of the future.
Fiberglass is the preferred material because it offers safety, affordability and longevity, as it is waterproof and rot-resistant, and can withstand the tests of time so that your family can take shelter from the storm in ”THE REFUGE“ for years to come. You can rest assured that this shelter will stand the test of time.
The Refuge Storm Shelter has been around since before the turn of the last century and will be around through the next millennium and beyond, providing the same peace-of-mind protection from tornadoes and damaging winds as it did for you from the day it was installed. Safety is the most important consideration in the design of “THE REFUGE” underground storm shelter.
Proven Test Results
Though storms can be unpredictable, when seeking shelter in ”The Refuge” storm shelter you are giving your family the best chance for survival. There are incredible dangers with today’s more violent and ever-changing weather patterns. The following link reveals the stellar impact test results performed by Texas Tech University’s Wind Science Center in Lubbock, Texas:
** REFUGE Storm Shelter Advantages over other Storm Shelters **
- High-production capability means Refuge storm shelters are likely available when other manufacturers may be swamped!
- Higher ceilings and lower-angled steps means a more spacious interior providing a feeling of comfort and security with ample head and leg room and easier access in and out of the Refuge storm shelter!
- Molded-in shelf space for emergency supplies such as water bottles, batteries, flashlights, blankets, first aid kits, etc.
- Fiberglass is ideal because it offers safety, affordability, and longevity - Like the Lifesaver: No rusting, No cracking, No Rotting – Easy to maintain and clean! - Lightweight, simple and hi-tech, yet relatively quick to install (in as little as 2-4 hours)!
- Made in the USA
There's no better way to check out our storm shelters or safe rooms than by experiencing them live in person. You can come to one of our events (see facebook page below for details) or we'll gladly come to your home or business with our display so you can touch it, feel it and experience it, first hand: NO COST, NO OBLIGATION.
PLUS, we'll give you a FULL YEAR of WeatherCall@Home - the pinpoint, address-specific weather alert service that will call, text & email you when a storm is actually headed toward your home or business - FREE. Just go ahead and put your info down below now: